Spring is in full-blown and so is pollen! As beautiful as the season is, its side effects of seasonal allergies aren’t so beautiful. No matter if your symptoms are minimal or major, physicians and pharmacies are ready to help the miserable sufferers looking for some relief. Here are 6 tips to help you find relief and allow you to enjoy the beauty of the spring season:
- SHOWER AFTER BEING OUTSIDE: Pollen is floating everywhere outdoors and it loves to cling on clothes, hair and skin. Showering immediately after outdoor activities can help minimize the pollen brought into your home.
- WASH BED LINENS: Wash bed linens once a week to help reduce pollen and other allergens from invading your bed. Even if you are showering before you get into bed, some pollen may still find its way into your sheets.
- CHANGE AIR FILTERS: The filters in your HVAC system are meant to trap allergens and keep them out of your home. If the filters are dirty and clogged, this process won’t happen properly. Change filters out monthly during high pollen and allergy season.
- KEEP WINDOWS SHUT: As much as we love to invite the fresh air inside, if the pollen count is high and you are an allergy sufferer, this isn’t a good idea. Keep your windows closed and turn on the AC if necessary.
- DON A MASK: Sometimes we can’t avoid outdoor activities such as lawn or landscaping work. To help keep you from ingesting grass, pollen and allergens that can cause you to suffer, wear a mask that you can find at your local pharmacy.
- CONSULT A DOCTOR: If your allergies are interfering with your everyday routine, you many need to make an appointment to meet with a doctor. You can purchase allergy medication over the counter, but it is always a good idea to speak with a medical professional before starting any medications, especially if you have certain allergies to medications or if you are taking medicine for another medical condition.
We hope that these 6 tips will help you find some relief this allergy season. For more information regarding legal issues and your specific situation, contact Gerstenberger Law at (770) 920-7722.
The information found on the Gerstenberger Law site is for educational purposes only. Your situation and the situation of others are unique and more complex. This is neither legal advice nor to be considered legal advice. Contact us for advice about your specific situation.