In Part 1 of 10 Tips for Starting a New Business, we discussed 5 tips to help you start a new business correctly. These tips included market research, a business plan, securing finances, location and business structure. Here are 5 more tips to help you achieve your dream easier:
- BUSINESS NAME: Choose a business name that reflects the brand you are trying to create. You will have to make sure your name isn’t already being used.
- REGISTER: Once you have your business name chosen, it’s time to register it with the federal and state governments.
- TAX IDs: You’ll use your employer identification number (EIN) to open bank accounts and pay taxes.
- LICENSES & PERMITS: Keep your business legally compliant by applying for licenses and permits. They will vary by industry, state, location, and other factors.
- BANK ACCOUNT: Handle legal, tax and operating expenses with a small business checking account.
If you follow these 10 tips, you will soon be officially open for business! Now you can focus on managing and growing your American dream! For more information regarding these tips, read more here.
For more information regarding legal issues and your specific situation, contact Gerstenberger Law at (770) 920-7722.
The information found on the Gerstenberger Law site is for educational purposes only. Your situation and the situation of others are unique and more complex. This is neither legal advice nor to be considered legal advice. Contact us for advice about your specific situation.